TEHRAN 13.07.2010


TEHRAN  13 JULY 2010

              In fact, My  walking around  Darband so exhausted  me so much  ..I slept until 9:30 very well..Hotel Hezar was very simple and had no good equiptments . But for good sleeping,  you don't need those.. You can imagine a room has  no window at the ground floor of the hotel in the  July's warmth  of Tehran.  Cold air was coming from a hole on the wall.. but I could not see any air conditioner remote or similar  thing in the room.. I still wonder, I had heard that former  Iranians like Zarathustra had used a simple chimney system to vent .. so they would take cold air via natural way in hot summer seasons..

Why didn't I take  photos of  the room and hotel?  it was a pity..




I planned to visit Sa'dabad Palace that today..
After I went out from hotel, I ate some things in Khomeini square garden for breakfast..
I must have gone  Tajrish to go Sa'dabad Palace in Shemiran . I went out from subway in Tajrish..  
Tajrish is the busiest square in north of Tehran and is the bus and cab terminal.
An  older man got to guide to me for going to Tajrish square and the closest point to Sa'dabad Palace by subway and the bus.
 İn the place that I got off the bus , a private car owner stopped and invited me to his car while I was looking around as a stranger and  he took me to the Palace Door...



I planned to visit Sa'dabad Palace that today..
After I went out from hotel, I ate some things in Khomeini square garden for breakfast..
I must have gone  Tajrish to go Sa'dabad Palace in Shemiran . I went out from subway in Tajrish..  
Tajrish is the busiest square in north of Tehran and is the bus and cab terminal.
An  older man got to guide to me for going to Tajrish square and the closest point to Sa'dabad Palace by subway and the bus.

 İn the place that I got off the bus , a private car owner stopped and invited me to his car while I was looking around as a stranger and  he took me to the Palace Door...


Reza Pahlavi's half a statue is very mighty reminder of Iranian revolution to visitors.
 İf you like to consider deeply and so much human nature  , you can not find any bench or chair  to sit  in front of the statue...




Reza Pahlavi and his wife shahbanu (empress) Farah's bust were on the coffee table..



Farah's bedroom.. There was a self -portrait of Farah on  the stand right by the bed  and also a tv that belong to 1970's . that's all...

At the end of the day, this is a bedroom .. even if she was a queen, it need not large bedroom.  


There are a lot of rooms in White Palace and also wall mirrors .. one of them..









There is  Omidvar brothers museum in Sa'dabad complex.
 They dared to  travel around the world in 1954 for ten years..
They took some souvenirs  stuff from some  places they visited.. These stuffs are displayed in this museum.
I entered into the museum despite ı had no the ticket ,  what a good coincidence an employee of this museum was a  Turkish speaker..







For tourists, Guide  recommend to visit just  for tourist white and green palaces..
Afterward I went out from Sa'dabad palace and went to the north Tehran district..




 I saw carpet pictures in a shop.  I asked the owner of  the shop what kind of carpets they were .  He replied me that were hand  made..


They looked  like machine carpet .. I didn't believe him..



Today's trip made me tirying.. I had a dinner in a restaurant that was on   Valiasr avenue ..

 It seemed  clean and luxurious  to me , ı paid 9500 toman (about 9,5 dollars -15 Turkish Liras )  for salad and chelo kebab.
 Half of the  dish remained  on the plate, ı couldn't finish it..  I must get in the train to go Esfahan tonight .
  I went out from the restaurant to find an internet  cafe.. I wanted to sent e mail to my family ..Therefore,  I  needed to go untill Ferdowsi square . I checked my box..
 they didn't send any reply to me that I had already  informed them ..
 I uploaded one photo to my emaile account and send  hardly. I turned to hotel hastily ,I took my bag and went out ..


 Yeah.. I must mention about the  motorbike driver. His  name is Rasool Norouzpour..

He took me to train station by his motorcycle. I didn't prefer to  get in the taxi ..
How would I prefer it ?  Can you imagine warmth of taxi in July in Tehran?
Tehran taxis were very old and had  no air conditioner then.  Getting in motorcycle seemed to be  as a good preference to me.. I didn't regret for this..
I still remember cold wind that I took on the motorcycle while we were arriving the station together with Rasool..
The train depart time was 22:30..

when we were going with on the motorcycle, my
hat flew off because of the wind.  Although the road was very crowded by cars, Rasool turned back to take it but the road was just one way .. normally, you must not have turned back on the road. I think, while we would like to rescue a hat from road,    God  didn't want to finish  my travelling on the road of Tehran...  According to what I learnt from Rasool, some guys were acting on behalf of God in Iran.. I don't still know  whether God knew that or not..
The story of Rasool that..

"We drank a little alcohol  in my brother wedding. Some informants in village reported us to the police.  My brother and I were thrown into the prison ..  Finally , they whipped us seventy five times by whip.. They have no   God.."





Rasool left me in the  train station of Tehran . I bought a train ticket to Esfahan . I paid  6,5 dollars for ticket .. distance of between Tehran and Esfahan is about 500 kilometer. The ticket fee was very affordable for me..

Yorumlar

  1. Nice blog. Again a good story. Takes us to the actual journey. Good blogs like this are like travel in that matter, can take us anywhere, anytime. The bit with two brothers travelling the world in 1954 for ten years was quite inspiring. Would like to see the instagram version of this blog also. Thanks for sharing.

    YanıtlaSil
    Yanıtlar
    1. Thank you for your review.. If you consider the conditions of 1954 and the travelling along ten years, Omidvar brothers journey can be inspire to everyone.. Omidvar brothers photo reminded me Steve McQuenn .. His adventure movies affected some boys like me, travelling alone have been allways my choice...

      Sil

Yorum Gönder

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Greece

Pragh

Bratislava -Krakow