Lviv




One of my colleagues has been in this west Ukraine city as a teaching person a few years ago. I had heard some good compliments about Lviv from him. I need to agree that he did not mentioned about trip season..  My journey  coincided the winter  season.. I put on  my warm clothes to be protected from the cold. After the preparing  , I arrived to Lviv Danylo Halytskyi International Airport on 28 November 2018, about at 16:00 pm by Pegasus airlines. 










Lviv airport is a small building, at the same time calm. İt has a sparese flight traffic , perhaps , in term of winter,   ı saw such way .. There were two exchange office . I changed two hundred euro to Ukraine money- hrvynia- in one of them.. The air was cold, fallen snow hadn't melt, there was   some puddles frozen on the road  or field. My feet and head were in  warm clothes.  I didn't feel cold



My transfer to the flat of Marian was ensured by a taxi. The airport and the flat were in separate direction of Lviv, one of them is in the west of Lviv, the other is in the south east. for this reason, ı didn't prefer public transport...





my hire flat was in the ground floor of three floor house..Flat in Villa in Green.... Owners of house were Mariana and Oliana a really kind people..I already find open door when I came there and  the home had warmed by them.
 The flat had a kitchen full equipments, the living room , bedroom, and clean bathroom, even a fireplace. It was really sufficient a flat to accommodation.     Thanks Mariana and Oliana..:)))






Arriving home that day  , I just had  busy for check- in process and shop from the market.. After first day, second day morning .. firstly I had a breakfast ...  I had not any hurry to do something...  I went out to visit the city center... 




The Older trams  continue to serve in city center. There is a  remarkable application in trams . You should make for validation for your tram ticket by a simple device in the tram. One tram ticket is 5 hryvnia, about 15 cent,  or less from 1 TL.  In fact, The distance of between the flat and city center is very close, about 3 km.








The first building that I saw  is The city Hall..   This building have also a tower that  you can see  all city there . I left over to climb the tower to the another day,  I may be find an available  day for this.






I saw often a lot of souvenir shops on the street . Taking or looking  the magnet is a normal tourist action at the abroad. I can say that Lviv's souvenir shops are very succeed in this gifts.







Silent streets wait taking crowded visitors..Undoubtedly, İt will crowded in the summer season at these places..








One of famous coffee manufacturer is Kavova Kopalnia in Rynok Square. This place is a frequent place by tourists in Lviv. There are a few section in this cafe.. The first entrance section is separated for grinding cafe seeds, second and thirth sections is a combination selling place with coffe apparatus, gifts stuff and restaurant. It seems a museum and restaurant at the same time.  Also, you can get down to under floor of the coffee .  firstly at the entrance of stairs, their  employee give to you a helmet for putting on  head.  You will find different atmospher in the coffe mine..

Kavova Kopalnia



I got this above photo from internet page.. They made a caramelize the sugar with the blow torch flame  in the cup coffee ..










I saw one shop showcase that was lovely..My memory is weak.. when passed a  long time after travelling, I am starting to forget some detail images related to the city.. This blog remind them to me at least.. When I was childhood, the photos albums were very popular . I should accept that albums have the different meaning in our heart.. Blogs don't have same warmth.. but each one of them have separate memories, we lived  them once upon somewhere..







You can see Gasova Lampa as a museum and a restaurant in Virmenska street.  This silent museum/cafe is one of important touristic haunt  İn  Virmenska street . A statue was settled by cafe owners on the walkside in front of museum.The  Sitting and taking a photo accross of statue are a tradition between visitors.





I think, new generation don't have any experience to use that kerosene lamps.. When I childhood , our city or town has electricity, but often it was cutting because of fault.. I remember,  we used    one of like  this lamps to read book and study lesson in the evenings..










There are some candy manufacturer and shop in Lviv city center. One of them offer simple studying for children related to  candy product.. This shop was a quite attractive and colorful for children...








 This building is a fire station build.. İt was consturacted in 1901..Currently, the building is used by the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Lviv region. It was used the brick stuff while ıt was constructing..





When I got around on the street of Lviv I encountered an statue that his imaging  and clothes look alike Ottoman person one.. I read his story, and understand that in fact  he encountered to Ottoman people during in 1683 in the siege of Vienne. Yuriy Kolchytsky was birth as a noble, he able to speak some Turkish dialect vey well. He learned some tradition  of  Turkish coffe   during battle . The first cafe was opened by Kulchisky in the Vienne . Yuriy-Frants Kulchytsky is a merchant, soldier,  hero of Vienne,spy and diplomat.. He  inroduced the coffe culture to Europe .. 



Lviv opera building..According to what I read from internet, it was built top on a Polta River.. the river flows beneath through asphalt.. one of the European  Class theatre  was completed in 1900 .












I  visited a cemetery in Europe city, the first time . Lychakiv cemetery is an oldest necropolis in Eorope. Founded in 1786.  Many remerkable figures of Lviv's, like the richest citizens,  musicians, academicians, politicians, soldiers were buried in this cemetery..  I took some photo from this places .  but you should not take a selfie for  respecting to thier faith.






Sometime while get around, I entered to cafes for resting and protected from cold air .. One of them Vienna cafe .. You can understand what kind style  of place,  while you see wall picture and coming dessert plate combination...)))






I encountered of a glass museum while one of on the street..   The museum was under floor.. You can reach there through  stair down..




When I was in Lviv the christmas time was approach ... Shopping places had started to arrangement their showcase.. One of them...


 


There are much more statue in Lviv.. One of them..




At the end of my travel day I was in the city center.. The City Hall's tower was the most available point to see all city view.. I bought a ticket .. Firstly İ went up fourth floor by the lift..
 I took some photos and videos from there .There was a slightly wind .





A View of The Streets of City Center





I rarely tasted some local foods.. One of them a kind dessert.. Strudel.. Strudel is a product that belong to Austria patisserie arts.  it is layered with  a sweet filling, usually they  use apple. Strudel was popular a dessert all over Habsburg..





The time of turn at  Lviv Danylo Halytskyi International Airport to İstanbul ..  05.12.2018  
What time I can come here again..? 
Who knows..



Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Greece

Pragh

Bratislava -Krakow