Tábor.. In the Czechia lands
Wherever you live, after for a while you start to get bored. One day, while sitting on the couch at my home in Ortaca, I was browsing for the cheapest flights to Bratislava. I noticed that one Ryanair flight was much cheaper than others. Without thinking twice , I booked seat on that for July24, 2026 paying only 38 euros!
Actually, that's not exactly how this trip began. My original plan was to drive to Czechia and Poland in my electric car. I could even have used the car for accommodation along the way by using Camp Mode. However, even though I didn't mind extending the trip by a few days, the total cost would have been more than twice as much as fliying. On top of that, I might have run into internet connection problems when I starting charging sessions for the electric car, which could have made the journey much more stressful.
Brno
hlavní nádraží
The Ryanair plane landed at Bratislava Airport shortly after midnight. At that moment, looking for a hotel didn't seem reasonable because I already had a train ticket to Brno early the next morning, on July 25, 2026. So, I spent a few hours at the airport before taking public bus to Bratislava Main Station.
When I got off the RegioJet train at Brno Main Station "hlavní nádraží", it was around 7.00 a.m. I should also mention that I paid only €5 for the nearly two-hours RegioJet journey. By the way, there was a senior discount as well!

I had passed through Brno city center a few times before without staying there. This time, however, I had about four hours before my train departed for Jihlava. One of the city landmarks is the Catedral of St. Peter and Paul, famous for its twin towers, so I decided to walk into city center. A small square opened up in front of me., where market vendors were preparing their stalls for the day.
I had passed through Brno city center a few times before without staying there. This time, however, I had about four hours before my train departed for Jihlava.
One of the city landmarks is the Catedral of St. Peter and Paul, famous for its twin towers, so I decided to walk into city center. A small square opened up in front of me., where market vendors were preparing their stalls for the day.
As usual, the fruit prices immeditatelly caught my attention. On that day, one Czech koruna was worth about 2,26 Turkish Liras. As you can see in the photo , one kilogram of cherries cost 150 CZK, which wa about 340 TL. Just one day ago, I had bought one kilogram of cherries in Ortaca 100 -150TL. 

The Catedral of St. Peter and Paul has changed considerably since it was built the first built in the 11th century. Over the centuries, several parts were added, giving it both Gothic and Baroque architectural styles. Unfortunately, the cathedral was closed when I visited, I wasn't able to go inside. 
The weather was pleasant, so I wanted to sit on a bench in front of the cathedralfor a while to watch the tourists.
The Catedral of St. Peter and Paul has changed considerably since it was built the first built in the 11th century. Over the centuries, several parts were added, giving it both Gothic and Baroque architectural styles. Unfortunately, the cathedral was closed when I visited, I wasn't able to go inside.

.
The cathedral stands on one of highest point in Brno . From there, I recorded a video overlooking the city.
The hours passed so quickly. I walked to the Brno bus terminal, which is located in front of the Grand Hotel. My RegioJet bus ticket to Jihlava cost only €3,1 .The journey took just one hour.
I like tı see places where local people live. Even though my experindes were fast and short, I had memories in these small towns of Czechia. I recorded a video in front of the bus terminal in Jihlava to remember it in coming years. Eveywone knows that people's memory isn't strong!
The best way to get to know the rural araes, far from the city centers of Czechia, is to stay in a village house . I stayed in a village house between the Pelhrimov and the city of Tábor.The days were hot , but at the night you needed to sleep under a blanket. Probably the most unfergettable experience was seing a young deer come into the garden of the house twice. It is a pity that I couldn't take a photo of it beceause it ran away every time.

I wouldn't have expexted to see a synagogue in a small village like Nová Cerekev. When I found it, I wasn't going to miss the chance to visit it while its doors were open to visitors as a museum. Usually, the people of a synagogue don't allow visitors to see inside their place of prayer. This was the first time I had ever had such an opportunity.
The best way to get to know the rural araes, far from the city centers of Czechia, is to stay in a village house . I stayed in a village house between the Pelhrimov and the city of Tábor.
The days were hot , but at the night you needed to sleep under a blanket. Probably the most unfergettable experience was seing a young deer come into the garden of the house twice. It is a pity that I couldn't take a photo of it beceause it ran away every time.

I wouldn't have expexted to see a synagogue in a small village like Nová Cerekev. When I found it, I wasn't going to miss the chance to visit it while its doors were open to visitors as a museum. Usually, the people of a synagogue don't allow visitors to see inside their place of prayer. This was the first time I had ever had such an opportunity.
As far as I read about this synagogue, the firs prayer room was built of wood in 1693. The new synagogue, which was not made of wood, was built in 1855. The Jewish community also had a cemetery just a few dozen meters far from the synagogue. Nowaday, no Jewish people live in this village . In fact, their population had already fallen to only 20 before WWII.
According to what was written this synagogue was built in the Assryrian and Babylonian architectural styles. I don't have any knowledge about this subject.
Church of Saint Wenceslaus (left) and Church of Saint Michael the Archangel (right) in the city center of Pacov. Probably, it isn't possible for a foreigner to tell the differences between small towns and villages in Czechia. After all, I already uploaded this picture to Chatgpt and asked, " Where is this place?" It replied , " Nová Cerekev." What can I do?
As far as I read about this synagogue, the firs prayer room was built of wood in 1693. The new synagogue, which was not made of wood, was built in 1855. The Jewish community also had a cemetery just a few dozen meters far from the synagogue.
Nowaday, no Jewish people live in this village . In fact, their population had already fallen to only 20 before WWII.
KÁMEN is a small village close to Pacov .It is known for its castle Kámen Hrad (Taş Kale) which is now used as a museum with a collection motorcyclies and some aspect of local cultural heritage.Unfortuntely, I couldn't visit the museum beceause it ws closed . I liked the street below the castle. It was very clean and decorated with flowers.
I was going to Tábor,I saw a small shelter on a forest road. It is a place where people can stop, rest and protect themselves from rain, snow or cold weather. Inside, it is decorated like a small house and featuring a notebook on the tabla where people can write down thier thoughts and feelings.
I liked the nature and roads of Czechia. I coudn't restrain myself from comparing this road through the forest with the roads in my country . Turkey has very high-standart roads, either divided roads, or highways. But when it comes to forests and trees, if a forest like this existed in my country, it would probably have already burned down beceause people throw cigarettes out of thie car windows.
Tábor Castle
I climbed to the top of the tower in Tábor Castle. I overlooked the city of Tábor from all directions. Tábor is a very calm, clean and cozy small city. I liked this livable place.
The Jordán water reservoir reaches right next to the city of Tábor. I wondered where these terms came from, such as Tábor and Jordán . Yes, you may have guessed it both of these names are taken from the Bible. Tábor is a name of a mountain mentioned in the Bible, while the Jordán Reservoir was named after the Jordán River. Tábor has also a river which name is Lužnice. I couldn't see Lužnice river. Beceause this river runs to the east and souteast of the city of Tábor..
I was going to Tábor,I saw a small shelter on a forest road. It is a place where people can stop, rest and protect themselves from rain, snow or cold weather. Inside, it is decorated like a small house and featuring a notebook on the tabla where people can write down thier thoughts and feelings.
I liked the nature and roads of Czechia. I coudn't restrain myself from comparing this road through the forest with the roads in my country . Turkey has very high-standart roads, either divided roads, or highways. But when it comes to forests and trees, if a forest like this existed in my country, it would probably have already burned down beceause people throw cigarettes out of thie car windows.
Tábor Castle
I climbed to the top of the tower in Tábor Castle. I overlooked the city of Tábor from all directions. Tábor is a very calm, clean and cozy small city. I liked this livable place.
The Jordán water reservoir reaches right next to the city of Tábor. I wondered where these terms came from, such as Tábor and Jordán . Yes, you may have guessed it both of these names are taken from the Bible. Tábor is a name of a mountain mentioned in the Bible, while the Jordán Reservoir was named after the Jordán River.
Tábor has also a river which name is Lužnice. I couldn't see Lužnice river. Beceause this river runs to the east and souteast of the city of Tábor..
A chateau in the village of Nový Dvůr local a part of the municipality of Kámen in the Pelhřimov district. It was built in 1792, property belonged to Jewish Glasser family. Only the son of the original owners, Milos Glasser, returnned from the concentration camp , who immigrated to America in 1948. Since 1963, the chateau has been protcted as a cultural monument.
A chateau in the village of Nový Dvůr local a part of the municipality of Kámen in the Pelhřimov district. It was built in 1792, property belonged to Jewish Glasser family. Only the son of the original owners, Milos Glasser, returnned from the concentration camp , who immigrated to America in 1948. Since 1963, the chateau has been protcted as a cultural monument.

It isn't possible to travel around Central Europe without encountering historical evidence of World War II. One of them is this chateau, which was used as summer residence by Karl Hermann Frank. Who was K.H. Frank? He was a German Nazi leader who controlled the Nazi police and Gestapo in Bohemia and Moravia. He was executed in 1946 in Prague. Actually thinking that brutal and disgusting events belong only to the past is a big mistake. We are living in a world where similar personalities and organized state exist.
I was on my way to Moravsky Krumlov to visit Mucha's exhibition of The Slav Epic. While I was going there, I saw a nuclear reactor on the right side of the road. I took a photo of it. It isn't possible to travel around Central Europe without encountering historical evidence of World War II. One of them is this chateau, which was used as summer residence by Karl Hermann Frank.
Who was K.H. Frank? He was a German Nazi leader who controlled the Nazi police and Gestapo in Bohemia and Moravia. He was executed in 1946 in Prague.
........................As for Alfons Mucha, his paintings of Sarah Bernhardt were familiar to me. His beautiful paintings of women are especially impressive in terms of graphic art. I first saw his original paintings in a gallery when I came to Prague in 2023.
This time, I learned that he also worked on the national history and identity of the Slavs. When I saw his paintings on the walls of Moravský Krumlov Château, before reading the explanation about the Slav Epic, my first impression was that the subject of these paintings was religious.
In fact, he worked on this epic during the last period of his life, between 1910 and 1928. These paintings were not in the Art Nouveau style that I was familiar with from his famous posters of Sarah Bernhardt.
.................................................................................................................................You never know how your journey will unfold or how your blog posts will end. That's why I love travelling: because of these unpredictable impressions and unexpected endings.











































Comments
Post a Comment