poltava




In the morning on October 4th.. I went to train station through the subway. The most convenient vehicle to go to Poltava was a train option.. İn  Russian language name of train station is "Vokzal" .  The prices are very convenient in term of currency of Euro money in  Ukraine .. Train ticket too.. According to what I remember train ticket charge was 320 hryvnia . Only one ticket from Kharkov to Poltava was 10 euro. Also each one of train car has wi fi and each one of chair has  charging plug . I bougth a ticket from box- office early morning.. Distance of Kharkov and Poltava is about 150 km and you can arrive there in two hours. Train is the most comfortable vehicle to transfer , ı always prefer it if I have such an option.






When ı went to Poltava from  Kharkov, the train passed in the plaine. There was some towns or villages on the train route.  I saw a lot of  housing through route that are just one floor and have a garden .. From some of them  the smoke was rising above chimney to grey sky . while an older man look out from window  in a warm room,  I imagined whether he might had happy his alone life   or not.  perhaps, he is in tranquility now.. There is not any reason to imagine an unfavorable . 

 What beautiful accomadation places.. who knows , which lifes there were and lived there?  Whereas, i was just passing in front of them.  The strange feelings ..
like the searching of a remembrance,  I had looked the homes  when the train passed in front of them...



 After go out from train station, I walked on the sidewalk up to city center .. Meanwhile I noticed that ı had forgot my charging device in the hotel in Kharkov. I should had buy new of one. I entered a phone seller shop in the city center . I think, ı paid 13 euro for a charging plug..  It was a bit cold.. The walking made me warm.  It was not convenient to sit  in out of cafe because of cold. To resting , i sat  one of city center's cafe, i gave  an order for an espresso.. Usually students  drop in on there..



                 While I considered which places should I visited in Poltava, I firstl decided to discover city center through walking. Almost, The Nature museum was located  in the city center. As natural, my foots carry me there.. An older woman employe cut a ticket for a few hryvnia .. I noticed that majority of employe were older woman like in 60 years old.   

                      The most interesting object was a Mammuth skeleton.  İts dimension was up to a normal elephant.. Of course , also there were other stuffed animal .. Like pig, deer, rabbit, butterfly, cow, sheep...































The symbol monument of Poltava is these columns. According to what I read this monument erected the memory of Poltava Battle, in 200th anniversary. This monument is a frequented place from  married couples or foreign tourists..



 This monument consist from  8 columns , they settled in the shape of horseshoe and are 9m high.. You can see people in front of this monument while taken  selfie..
Above all, it need to learning about Poltava Battle and its results .. İn 1709, Swedish and Russian armies fought in Poltava. İn the previous  battle Russian  army had defeated by Swedish army.. There was an important leader head of Russian  .. Tsar  Peter the Great.. I don't know why  Peter the Great was described by  Ottoman writers of history as a crazy ..Great Peter had said that " We will learn to defeat while we are defetaed"  Karl XII was in the head of Swedish army. Karl XII was in the head of Swedish army. There was an important figure in this battle there . It was name Hetman (leader) İvan Mazepa . Mazepa was a local Kazakh leader.  He and his men supported Swedish army .. but majority of Kazakhs didn't support Karl XII and stood by side Great Peter's army. According to what some historian wrote,  Kazakhs were  orthodox, whereas Swedish were protestant. So they recognized Swedish soldiers as a stranger.

Finally, Swedish army and their supporters were defeated,  Karl XII and Ivan Mazepa together men took shelter in Ottoman territory.  That territory is in Bender town in Moldova.

Peter the Great destroyed some Kazakh settlements and the Russian power settled in Ukraine.. After a time , Russian power  settled in Baltic sea, Peter the Great built San Petersburg city. Poltava Battle   determined the owner and  Power of Northern territory




 This monument express as White Rotunda or White Arbor in English . When German soldiers occupied during the worldwarII this zone  , they demolished this monument. İn 1954, it rebuild inthe same place.  There was only one difference in name, its name determined as "The Rotunda of Friendship"  on memory of  friendship between Ukraine and Russia.  
I couldn't understand , how much friendship are there between  them..










I came to Poltava for only one day.. and..  ,  to turn back to Kharkov, I went to train station not to be evening.. There were some people here and there . When I arrived to Kharkov it was evening and rainy.. I had spent some time to find to Hotel's direction on the navigation..  Finally,  I arrived  the hotel late. Flight time was at 2:55 am..








I checked public transport hours on google maps.. I did not find any transportation between city center and airport for late hours. There was an option only taxi.. I didn't wante to play with  my chance, for this reason I grap my bag and went out early on the street. 
Firstly, I couldn't guess which direction should I stand on the street.. After the attempting to do stoping taxis , I decided to cross side of street.. Hurrah !  The incoming taxi stopped in front me.. İmmediatly ,it was  understanding that driver was an Arab.. He was from Tunis.   while leaving from the cold Kharkov we arrived quickly to airport .
Who knows what time I can visit this city, again..Perhaps The life will show ..


Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Greece

Pragh

Bratislava -Krakow