Pragh




Why Pragh? 
You can find a reason for your choice to travel to somewhere, which was not necessary  either. Mostly names do not have any meaning. I don't know whether the name of Pragh city has a meaning or not. I know as historical it is a center of Bohemia. I  had a question in my mind was there any relation between  bohem behaviours and geografical term Bohemia and local people of Bohemia  by the time I decided to go to Pragh. 
Yes, even if it is small connection... Bohem term come from French to us that was used  for unordinary life style of artists early 19th century. It  mistaken was used for gypsies  due to similarity between their social life and artists life style in the  recidents of France. As for the connection of terms.. Gypsies  came from via Bohemia in the 15th century to  France. 



The picture of Renoir " The Bohemian"...  Sometime an image may be the most explainer tool for terms... Pierre Auguste Renoir lived in 1841- 1910. He was one of  main artist of impressionism flow..




My plane landed the Vaclav Havel Airport 13.30 in Pragh. The date was 1st of February, 2023. I crossed the passport control very easy. The police who controller  passports didn't ask why did I come here.. although I had been exposed this questioning very often at the airports of Ukraine. 

 Pragh airport was not big but clean and has effectiv transportation to the city center by  bus and connected metro. I had heard that shouldn't exchange a lot money in the airport of Pragh due to currency differences to the city centers.  I only exchanged 50 euros with Czech Koruna for using urgent needs, like bus ticket,  by the difference 5 koruna. By the way, Czech Koruna was quite low value againts euro, 1 Euro was 23,77 Koruna but Turkish currency was 20,72. So...Koruna had low rate than Lira. 









There isn't direct metro line to the city center Pragh 1 at the Airport of Pragh. Only bus and taxi are among of options. I got in the bus 100 number which was ready to depart. The bus ticket have provided for using the second transportation right at the metro or tramway just for in  30 minutes. I had  transfered to metro in the  Zlicin stop. Cerny Most metro line "B" was the suitest public transport to arrive my accomodation "Numa 1 Flow", thus,  I left the subway in the stop"Karlovo Namesti".


Actually, although very close Numa Flow Hotel to Karlovo Namesti metro stop, I have draw a circle on environment of hotel while walking to arrive there beceause I hadn't determined the right direction on the navigation.


Like the most of hotels of Pragh in the zone Pragh 1, Numa Flow is old stone building which was renewed for accommodating. My  room was spacious, high ceiling, equipped with modern kitchen gadgets and  has  modern bathroom. I can't pass without telling  the water of Pragh's city mains can drink , was perfect. A detail more.. Numa has not a reception desk, I received key number of hotel entrance through whatsapp notification. Honestly, My concerns were wain..


I had encountered some of the stores which were exhibit hand made iron works like helmet, armor, sword,  knife.. 



                        I can say that the most photos  taken by me that were related old  stone buildings in                                    Pragh.  I really liked them.


       An umbrella man that was hanging to the steel cord on the street, in the air... 
                        The first  city sight in the morning  after come out from the hotel.. 
The light was not the right direction to take  a photo...








One of attractive sightseeing in the zone of Pragh 1 is the rotating statue of Franz Kafka. The statue of Franze Kafka  which is consisted from rotating  panels is may be harmon with new modern building which is the near of it. But, it isn't when you think general concept of the zone of Pragh 1 ..






These kind buildings which are decorated with some figures and stones provide you to stand up in front of them and look at  them.There is not any doubt the owners of this building spent a lot of money to construct . It is may  to show the mighty and desire to be permenantly in the world  althoug doesn't match to the ideas of Max Weber who published in his book " The Protestant Ethic and The Spirit of Capitalism"... 
If we don't know what is the cost of these kind civilisation examples they are colorful heritage for us now..




Travel is very  useful action in a person life to learn somethings as permenantly. I understood this  once time more. "Aslan Asker  Şvayk" was the Turkish version of Jaroslav Hasek's famous book. I am remembering just the title of cartoon books versions as belong to Şvayk.  It has been a surprise for me encountering with Svejk figures on the wall of  beer's cafees in Pragh..So that, I have learned the novelist name Jaroslav Hasek which had wrote of  " The Good Soldier Svejk" as permanently. Jaroslav Hasek was died due to tuberculosis illness like  Franze Kafka...

"The Good Soldier Švejk[a] (pronounced [ˈʃvɛjk]) is an unfinished satirical dark comedy novel by Czech writer Jaroslav Hašek, published in 1921–1923, about a good-humored, simple-minded, middle-aged man who pretends to be enthusiastic to serve Austria-Hungary in World War I."  I guoted this text from internet .




Although I have felt the cold in the streets of the zone Praha 1 , 
I now admire its amazing pictures while looking at ...


The one of oldest clock of the world is astronomical clock was in Pragh. It was build The early fifteenth century. This clock tower the one of most attraction place in Pragh. A lot of tourist were waiting to see the clock's action that is  starting every hour.




Not only historical places of Pragh like astronmical clock tower  or historical bridges its old stone buildings deserve to have been seen too... I liked old buildings of Pragh..
I think this old building which is very bright and well-kept is using as hotel by "Four Season Hotel"  chain 


My days in Pragh passed for searching the trace of Franz Kafka. I would have liked to see where and which house  he lived in Pragh.  Honestly, I would have expected to see  a house like Anne Frank's house where is in  Amsterdam. Yok!
One of bust that remind him was on the wall. Also, typically  features of his face explained he was sick  with tuberculosis , thanks for knowledge my doctor..




One of statues of Charles(Karl)  Bridge which is  on the Vltava River.



Karl bridge was built early fourteenth century. A statue figure that I have immediately focused, reflect the  perceptions of societies about each other. It may not be wrong.. A Turk or Ottoman figure is a symbol of prison guard for christians despite our history narrate different things either. 
Perception is important for societies.





I have encountered Dali exhibition promotion in the open space. Dali  was one of artist that had rich connotations.  
There is not any doubt that his mind was had ful with different images...











I had advantages to see a lot of sights of Pragh cause of accommodation place where is in the city center.
Dancing House and Jirasek Bridge were very close the Numa Flow apartment. Honestly, I could not count how many bridge were over the Vltava river  in Pragh. 
                 According to internet knowledge , tehre are 18 bridges over the Vltava River. 
                       I walked over three of them, Charles, Manes and Jirasek bridges.




The most of sightseeing is in the distance walking from the city center of Pragh.  Franze Kafka museum is the west side of Vltava River. After cross the Charles Bridge , I found this museum after about 350 meters on the northern direction from the bridge. As far as I read in the internet this museum is a project to collect and provide a permenantly  museum for Franze Kafka works  that was occured in 2005. İt is not a museum house.










There is a souvenir store  in the museum garden. They exhibite new editions of Franze Kafka's books as much as Alfonse Maria Mucha's graphics, illustrations. Mucha  best known for his distinctly stylized and decorative theatrical posters, particularly those of Sarah Bernhardt. 




Wenceslas square is the most of commercial and administrative center of Pragh.





Vyšehrad is a historic fort in Prague, Czech Republic, just over 3 km southeast of Prague Castle, on the east bank of the Vltava River. It was probably built in the 10th century.





Vyšehrad Cemetery  is the final resting place of many composers, artists, sculptors, writers, and those from the world of science and politics.






The most available location that you can look at to the city center is a fort, tower or high a building. Vysehrad fort is  on a  hill that dominant the Pragh city. 




Theatre building in Pragh. Quite colorful building host of Mucha exhibition at the same time.






The toys that men have don't change . Thing  that is changed is their sizes..


My accommodation place was one of old stones buildings. It has quite sizes wooden  door that opening outside, on the  sidewalk .. Numa Flow was a nice, comfortable  hotel that I will remember ..


Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Greece

Bratislava -Krakow